Friday, October 10, 2008

Pouring Water


"...Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah." (1 Kings 3:11) Elisha was a great prophet of God in the Old Testament. He truly had a double portion of Elijah's spirit. I love this verse of scripture for Elisha served Elijah and waited upon him. What a humble spirit Elisha had, for God had sent Elijah to anoint Elisha as his replacement but Elisha did not for a moment act as though he was equal to Elijah. He humbly served Elijah and quietly learned at his feet. Today I spent the day pouring water on the hands of Bro. Davis. I went over to Bro. Davis' house and and helped him move a pile of firewood. It was good exercise and we had a good visit. I think from a spiritual point of view it is time well spent. I believe Elisha learned much as he helped Elijah with the chores of daily life. Bro. Davis was a great pastor and I believe I will do well to spend what time I can serving him.

I preached in chapel at TBI today and really had a good time. I forgot our suitcase when we left the house yesterday to come to Henderson and today I forgot to get my computer when I left my in-laws house and had to go back for it. I forgot my computer again when I left TBI and one of the staff there brought it to me in Tyler. My forgeter works real well.

Tomorrow we will attend our family reunion and it will be good to see again those who we see only once a year. My sister arrived from Colorado safely to attend the reunion. We will head back to Hillsboro tomorrow afternoon. We leave for France soon and I am anxious to see my son and his family. I dread the flight over and the flight back but it is worth every bit of lost sleep to see the grandkids again. The picture is of me and Bro. Davis at church camp many years ago. God bless you.

No comments: