Monday, October 20, 2008

Voted Today


Janie and I voted today. I will not say for whom we cast our vote but we examined the candidates carefully and voted for the ones we thought would do the best job and with whom God would be pleased for us to vote. I taught a class today on operating the equipment in the churches sound room. There is a lot of equipment with a lot of knobs and it can be a daunting task. The two that I trained had little or no experience with computers and so it took a little longer than usual. They did a great job learning and they passed their test with flying colors.

The ladies auxilary meeting went very well and while they met at the parsonage I did some visiting. I visited a man who is gravely ill with cancer, a woman who is having surgery Thursday, and our France mission secretary/treasurer. Afterward I returned home just in time to eat with the ladies at the parsonage. It has been a good day and I plan to go to the church in the morning to remove one of the seats in the bus so I can take it down to Hewitt tomorrow night. We are going to, a few at a time, get the bus seats recovered. There is a lady in the church there who has offered to do this at cost for us and we surely do thank her for her hard work and generosity. We will go shopping to get our son, Jason, and his family some of the things that they cannot get over in Paris. We plan to take a couple of suitcases of goodies over there for them next week. Most of this is has been made possible due to generous contributions by our church members.

Well, it has been a good day and it is time to head for bed. The picture is of my son and I at the ABA messenger meeting last year. God bless you.

No comments: