Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nap on the Bus


I took a nap today on the church bus. I had taken a pill for my allergies and it made me sleepy. I had taken one seat out of the bus and was working on the second when I ran into a problem which required another set of hands. I called Janie and asked her to come to the church and help me when her ladies Bible study was over. It was going to be about 15 to 20 minutes before she arrived and there was nothing I could do until she got there so I laid down on the seat of the bus and fell asleep. I was awakened twice by a loud snoring sound. There was no one else on the bus so I must conclude that it was me. My cell phone woke me up and shortly Janie arrived and with the help of the helper which God made to be "meet" for me the job was done. She held the wrench inside the bus while I worked with the other one under the bus. The bus seat has now been delivered and is on its way to having a new cover.

I am going to work on packing my suitcase tomorrow after I finish up my lessons for Wednesday night. I was just checking the weather and there seems to be a good chance of rain tomorrow night but I hope it does not so we can run the bus. I just don't like to run the bus in the rain so we don't. I am going to be nostalgic Sunday and preach a sermon from the past. I will reflect on the past six years that I have spent at Walnut Street Missionary Baptist Church. God has been so good to us and the people so kind. Souls have been saved and lives changed and it has been a joy to have had a small part in God's great Kingdom business.

I am headed for bed now and plan to rise early to get as much work done as I can. The picture is one of me and my oldest sister taken by Janie at our family reunion a couple of weaks ago. God bless you.

No comments: