Saturday, October 18, 2008

1016

I have written 1016 words in my doctoral prospectus. Just another 4000 words to go. I have actually written about twice that many words its just that I threw half of them away. I throw my thoughts down as quickly as I can and then spend a great deal of time cleaning up the messy sentences. Some words are thrown out because they were not the right words. I frequently visit the dictionary to make sure the word I use means what I think it means. In the old days my office trash can would have been over flowing with waded up pieces of paper but now the discarded words and mistakes disapear without a trace.

We got a lot of work done on the house in Henderson. We had several to drop by and offer to help and at present there is not much they can do. In a few weeks there will be painting and such that they can handle so I will look them up then.

I have been thinking about my relatives in the New England area a lot lately. I would dearly love to see them and spend some quality time with them. The events of my life took me away from New England and I believe that my life here in Texas was the one God intended for me to live.

We are back in Hillsboro getting ready for Sunday. I like to spend Saturdays reviewing the Sunday School lesson and the Sunday Sermons. I will rise at 6:00 in the morning and spend some quiet time alone with God in prayer and meditation. It is a great way to start the week. Next week I will be preaching at the nursing home on Monday, Janie will be entertaining the ladies auxilary at our house Monday night, we will meet Tuesday night with the church in Hewitt pictured above at their organizational service, Wednesday we will run the bus and pick up some 50 kids for the Mid-week Bible School, Thursday we will be at the hospital while one of our church members has surgery, Friday we will be in Henderson to take Janie's parents to their doctor's appointments, Saturday we will attend the district ladies auxilary meeting in Corsicana. It is going to be an wonderful busy week. God bless you.

No comments: