Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chance


Take a Chance (risk or hazard). Now is your chance (opportunity). Opportunities often involve risk or hazards. Missed opportunities often occur because we are not willing to take a chance. The old school bus that I drive for the church on Wednesday nights is a good example of taking a chance. It might break down in the dark with forty kids still needing to be delivered home. Kids have been known to get hurt on buses so you're taking a chance. I have driven over 30,000 miles this year which increases my chances of being involved in an accident. The Bible says that "time and chance happens to them all." Chance primarily means "the unpredictable and uncontrollable element of an event or occurrence." There are things which we can neither predict nor control in just about everything we do so we just have to take a chance. God wants us to take chances. It is the way we prove our faith in Him. Is it taking a chance when we step out in faith and do those things which God wants us to do? With God there are no chances. There are no unpredictable and uncontrollable events or occurrences. He is in control and knows all things.

I walked about four miles today and will try to do this every day until we go to France. We will be sitting for about 10 hours on that journey and that is a lot of sitting for me. I do not know how much they will allow you to walk on the plane but I will try to do as much as I can without taking chances. I will try to walk some on the way back but I don't think that they will let me say that I walked all the way across the Atlantic.

We went to see the movie "Fireproof" with our daughter and her husband. It was the second time we had seen it and their first. It is a really good movie and I would recommend that everyone go and see it. At $5 a ticket we took a chance that it would be as good as "Facing the Giants" and it was even better.

We will head over to Henderson tomorrow afternoon to attend a wedding there and on Friday my wife will take her dad for his Chemo therapy treatment. I plan to spend a few hours with Bro. Harold Davis my good friend and father in the ministry. I plan also to get some more work done on my doctoral thesis. The picture is of my son and son-in-law helping with the remodeling of our house in Henderson, talk about taking chances. God bless you.

No comments: