Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sowing


I am allergic to corn. If I eat corn in any form other than cornstarch, corn syrup, or corn oil I break out in hives. I miss popcorn the most. When I sow a garden I never sow corn. Today we were at a district ladies auxiliary meeting and they had some home made soup that contained corn. I passed on the soup but I did not miss it for the salads and the desserts were excellent! The church we were at is out in the country and country ladies sure can cook! My wife did not get much sleep last night so she is napping right now. I went for a three mile walk and meditated on my sermon for Sunday. I thought I would blog a little before waking her up to head to the store to pick up a few things we will need for our trip.

We are going to cook a pot roast and some veggies for our pot luck lunch at the church tomorrow. Janie wants to shop for a pair of shoes to wear on the trip and while we are out we will run by the grocery store to pick up a few things. It is a beautiful day outside, sunny and cool.

I am looking forward to our trip and am anxious to see Jason, Angie and the grand kids. It will be a joy to just sit and listen to the stories they have to tell. I expect I will say very little except for the myriad of questions I will have for each of them. I hope to spend some one on one conversation time with each of the six of them and in so doing sow seeds of encouragement.

I do not expect to sleep on the plane going over to France and if I were bringing my laptop I would work on my doctoral prospectus. Bringing the laptop is more trouble than it is worth. The battery will only last for 3 hours and I would have to run off battery on the plane. So for six hours of work it is just not worth bringing it along. I will take my Bible along and catch up on my reading. I may have a chance to sow the seed of truth with others on the plane.

Brother Harold Davis taught me how to sow God's word. My Father-in-law taught me how to sow a garden. My wife taught me how to sew a tent. The picture is of my wife back in 1977 making a dress while our oldest daughter looks on. God bless you.

No comments: