Saturday, October 4, 2008

Minutes


I am the secretary/treasurer of our local church association. We had our meeting today and it went very well. The moderator of the meeting had very poor eye sight and I was amazed at how smoothly he was able to execute his job. As the secretary I record the minutes of the meeting and publish them. I have them all typed up and ready to go to press. As usual my wife was a big help to me. She took notes and pictures for me which allowed me the freedom to focus on getting the minutes recorded correctly. A good friend and fellow church member went with us to the meeting. He gave a challenging speech somewhat like a loosing team's coach at half time. It was a joy to hear. He and I are pictured out in front of the church where the meeting was held in Corsicana. He came to my father's funeral and though he drove 300 miles and got lost, never finding the cemetery, He gets full credit as if he were there. The minutes I spend with such friends are a delight.
I am going to head for bed now and get some minutes of shut eye. The sermon for tomorrow is ready to go and is titled "Why are you here?" We shall learn from Elijah why and why not we should be were we are. God bless you.

No comments: