Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Piety


There has been a lot of concern about the economy this week. I personally was glad that the House did not pass the "Bailout" bill. I think that things need to be shaken every now and then. Prosperity breeds impiety whereas poverty tends to breed piety. Of course that is not always the case but prosperity has not caused our nation to be more pious. Our Nation's motto still stands as its motto and I thank God for that.

I had a good day today. I worked on the sermon for Wednesday night but did not finish it. I worked on Sunday's sermon a little but have not gotten it ready yet. I will complete both of these in the morning and get a start on the Sunday School Lesson. I am the secretary/treasurer for our local Baptist Association and it meets this Saturday. I hope to have it ready to go to press before we leave for Paris, France. A week from Saturday is the Nutt family reunion and we are looking forward to that. My sister Jean will be driving in from Colorado and it will be good to see her.

I had a dream last night that my mother traded her car off for a pink limousine, It was quite disturbing. We took a nap this afternoon which we almost never do. We have been burning the candle at both ends lately and it caught up to us. I am paying for it now though for it is way past my bedtime and I am still awake.

We went down to Waco tonight and the car averaged 52 miles per gallon. I just love it. I am glad that I got the diesel Jetta it has saved me over $300/month in fuel thus far.

I like my new laptop. Vista seems to work just fine. There are still a few things on my old laptop that I need so will not forsake it as yet. I need to get back to work on http://www.baptistville.org/ . I have several things to add to it but just have not had time to get to it.
The picture was taken at the Nutt reunion last year. It is of my mother, father, aunts, and uncles. God bless you.

No comments: