Sunday, October 19, 2008

France and Farming


We are getting close to being ready to head for France a week from tomorrow. Janie wrote a check out today that paid off our airline tickets. We have our passports and my suit case is 90% packed. We spoke to Jason and Angie today and they seem very excited and anxious to see us. We will hit the ground running for Jason wants to show us the kid's school and the language school right off. Their children will hit us like a tidal wave when we arrive and I am sure the first few hours will be spent embracing and listening to their stories. We plan to take a lot of pictures and will try to blog every day we are there to keep you posted.

We had lunch today with three other couples from our church. We had a really good time. I have always enjoyed learning and the three men are each full time professional farmers. I have asked them, over the past six years, a million questions about farming. Each answer that they give seems to invoke another question from me. I learned today that there are two kinds of cultivators. One is a row cultivator and the other is a field cultivator. They are very patient with me and very willing to answer my questions.

Tonight is business meeting time and I expect that all will go well. The sermon is from the Life of Christ series and it will be rather short tonight. The picture is of Janie climbing into a combine on the Roger's farm in Hill county. God bless you.

No comments: