Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update

Well, here is a quick update on what is going on right now. The doctor said that my dad had a lot of damage to his heart and that his heart is very weak. He did not do well at all on Tuesday but today, Wednesday, he was much better. He ate a little bit of breakfast and threw up just before lunch. He did eat a little bit of lunch and supper and kept them down ok. I stayed the night with him on Tuesday night and he had to have a shot for pain about 2:30 Wednesday morning and then he became real talkative. He asked me what I was going to preach Sunday and I told him I planned to preach on the subject of "THE LAMB OF GOD." The title will be "WHERE IS THE LAMB?" I gave him the major points of the sermon and we talked a bit more then he said "Well I had better get some sleep" so we did. He was feeling much better today and they had him to sit in a chair for about half an hour. My brother, Ralph, will sit up with him tonight to give me a break and I will sit with him tomorrow and tomorrow night. He may go home on Friday but I have my doubts about that. I will return to Hillsboro on Saturday to prepare for the Sunday Services. I left the hospital early this afternoon and went back to Henderson to help my wife with her parents. They wanted to do some sight seeing and so we did. We took them out to eat and then upon returning home we packed up a suitcase and left to take my father-in-law to the hospital for a sleep study test in Tyler. We got back to Henderson about 10:30 tonight. I am about to go to bed and get ready for another long day tomorrow. It bothers me a great deal to be away from Hillsboro. I feel like I am not doing a good job as pastor when I spend so much time out of town. I feel strongly that God would have me to honor my parents and my wife's parents by being there for them when they need help so desperately. I would teach my congregation to do the same as I have done and hope that I am leading by example. Thanks to you all for your prayers. God bless you.

No comments: