Sunday, July 20, 2008

Packing

This picture was taken with my cell phone. It is of my father and my oldest sister and my mother. They are waiting to order their meal and I think it is interesting that my dad and sister have the same pose. Like father, like daughter. I invite you to read our churches latest blog post about mourning. http://wsmbc.blogspot.com

What do I need to take to camp? I have asked this of myself for some 23 years now. Every year I take kids to camp and every year I make a mental list of what I need to take. I have my suitcase packed and usually I do not pack as many clothes as Janie thinks I should. I am looking forward to camp this year and wish it could be un-interupted. God knows best and is in complete control. He needed me to miss teaching my adult class on Tuesday morning so miss it I will. I plan to give the class a worksheet to do on the first day and then we will go over it the next day. I will have someone to hand them out and to help lead the discussion that is inevitable. The questions I pose will make them think and hopefully reason. They will be designed to raise their curiosity and long for an answer. So the first thing packed was my lessons and sermon.
I will take my laptop with me and if I can connect to the internet I will blog a little while at camp to let you know how things are going. If you check back and see no new posts you will know that I am either too busy or could not connect. God bless you.

No comments: