Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ties are Bad for your health


As a preacher I usually wear a tie each day. Even when I have no plans but to go to the office and work I usually wear a tie. When I have a tie on my legs quit working. I feel I need to drive the car and not get hot and sweaty in my good clothes. So I get in the car and turn on the A/C and drive everywhere I need to go. With my dad in the hospital I have taken a renewed interest in my health. My doctor has told me to exercise every day so I have taken to leaving the tie in the closet and putting on my walking clothes and walk to work. It is a good for me and saves on fuel costs. I arrived at my office this morning refreshed by the walk and ready to get to work. It is going to be a great day. My brother called and said that dad was doing well this morning and may go home tomorrow. His arm is still swollen from the blood clot but is improving. I am going to work on Sunday's sermon now and the Sunday School lesson after that. I stayed at the office until 9:30 last night and got a lot of work done. I hope to do the same today and try to get caught up. The picture is of my wifes parents and their three son-in-laws. God bless you.

No comments: