Friday, July 4, 2008

Dad's Tough Night


Dad has had a tough night. He has vomited, gotten hot, gotten cold, had an I.V. removed from his arm and not slept but just a few minutes here and there. It is hard to sit here and watch him suffer. He has vomited every day he has been here. No one seems to know why he is so sick. It has got to be hard on his heart to do all of the coughing and vomiting. The medicine they give him for nausea makes him mumble a lot. The medicine does not seem to work very well in his case for he just had a dose and now he is sick again. I know God has a plan here so will trust as does Dad that He is in control. It is 3:40 a.m. on July 4th. The picture is of my mother sitting in the hospital room. You would not want to see one of my dad right now he looks bad, exhausted, sick and in pain. The nurse tells me there is nothing they can do for the nausea he will just have to endure.
This has not been a very uplifting post so let me add this note of encouragement. The Lord never promised to keep us from pain and suffering but He did promise to be with us and to give us grace in every trying hour. I feel His hand in this room even now. I know we will get through this hour by His power, grace, and mercy. God bless you.

No comments: