Friday, July 25, 2008

Home Again


We are back from camp now and we had a great time. The picture is of the group we took to camp minus 2 or 3. There were 28 reported saved and 3 young men surrendered to preach. We are hosting the district ladies auxilary at our church tomorrow and we will have to rush away from that to get to the ordination service in Palistine. It will be a busy day. Sunday should be fairly normal and I am excited about the sermon. I will be preaching on the subject of "Coming Before the Lord." I had worked the sermon up at camp and on the way back I asked one of the boys to help me with my sermon and he gave me some profound thoughts about the subject. I will of course use them tomorrow in my sermon and will give him the credit. It is amazing what young people can teach you. This second picture is of me waiting in line at the cafeteria at camp.

Next week things should be back to normal. I have no plans for the week other than to take off on Friday and take Janie over to Canton trades day. It will be a good time to spend some time alone with her, I love her so and she is so sweet to me. Monday the 21st was the 35th anniversary of our first date. I will be in the office most of the week getting caught up on some work. I have been putting off cleaning out the garage and I think it is time to set a day and just do it.

My mother seems to be doing well. Her life seems a little dull compared to my schedule. She crochets and is putting together a jigsaw puzzle. she does not even turn on her TV or radio. Gets her news from the paper.
I have not seen any news this week and was so busy I did not think anything of it. I don't seem to have missed anything major. The weather is going to be hot and dry here reaching above 100 every day this week. It will be a good week to get caught up on my office work. God bless you.

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Bro. Paul,
It was so good to see you and your family this past week at camp. I was thinking of how it just seemed like yesterday that we all were in Seminary and really had fun talking about the Bible. I can remember how excited I was when you got the church in Hillsboro, while I was pastoring at Cedar Creek. I count it a blessing to know you and your family for as long as I have. May God continue to bless you in Hillsboro.
ronnie