Friday, July 18, 2008

Move On


My mother seems to be making the adjustment to her widowhood very well. She has already dealt with dad's clothing, sending some to TBI, giving some away to her sons, and burning the rest. She has gotten rid of her dish network tv, saying she does not watch tv cause there is nothing on it. A salesman called her to try to get her to reconsider and she told him very abruptly that there was nothing on tv worth watching and not to call again. It seems she truly has moved on.

I want to move on. I want to get back to my normal routine, what ever that might have been. I have camp next week and that will be interupted by a funeral back in Hillsboro. We will go to camp on Monday to get everyone settled in, I am the registrar for camp. We will leave camp Monday afternoon to return to Hillsboro for the family visitation and then I will help in the funeral service Tuesday morning at 10. After the funeral we will drive back to camp and finish the week there. I will have to get someone to take my class Tuesday morning. Also I will have to get someone to take Janie's class and someone to conduct the services Tuesday morning at camp. I am sure the Lord will provide.

Today we plan to get my mother's car serviced and filled up with gas. She has never in her life put gas in a car. I have been out this morning picking peaches for my mother-in-law though there were not many of them ripe. One peach I left on the limb for fear of being stung by red wasps whose home was much to close for comfort. Seeing them caused me to move on. My In-laws need their yard mowed so I may try to do that today as well.

We are suppose to visit with my sister-in-law and her husband from Mississippi today. Probably do that this evening. We have not had any quality visiting time with them in a very long time. I did take a few hours off yesterday to go to a sporting goods store with my 2 brothers and my nephew. They picked me up at my In-laws and we went over to Shreveport to the Bass-Pro shop. It was fun to get away for a few hours. When I got in the car they began to bombard me with Bible questions. I think they were loaded and ready for me. Some of the questions were very deep and I gave the best answer that I could. Some of their questions could not be answered due to the Bible's silence on the subject. I think all in all I helped them or at least gave them something to think about especially about the deep subject of the Kingdom of God.

My dad had written a 97 page account of the history of his life. I plan to finish this document by adding the story of his last days. His history will be posted on the web at baptistville.org which is going to be a site that I will maintain. You can go there even now and see bro. Davis' website. After finishing my dad's history I will move on to my new adopted dad's website and try to finish it as well. My adopted dad is bro. Harold Davis. He came up to me after the funeral service and said "Well SON, you did a great job." I told him that as he was walking up to me I had the same thought about our relationship. I have always considered him my father in the ministry.

Well I have work to do so lets move on. The top picture is of my mother the day we went to the cemetery to bury dad's cremains. The lower picture is of their tombstone. God bless you.

No comments: