Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cleburne


We will be going over to Cleburne in the morning at 6:00. One of our church members is having surgery. My dad had a ruff day today and it is now looking like Friday before he can go home. I had a very productive day yesterday and a fairly good day today. That long list I posted on this blog is getting shorter. I have my lessons ready for the adult class at camp and my sermons for this Sunday are ready to go. The devotionals for next weeks camp are not ready yet so will try to get that done Friday. I am a little concerned that something might happen with my dad while I am in Arkansas. I will be there without my car and no way of getting back to Texas before Friday without pulling the kids out of camp early. I will pray that all goes well and that he has a really good week.

I will be preaching a sermon entitled "Putting out the Fleece." It is taken from Judges chapter six and the story of Gideon. Sunday night we will continue the life of Christ series. I will not be able to meet with the Faith church in Hewitt this month due to camp. I will miss seeing them for they are truly a joy to be around. If I were seeking a church home in the Waco area I would definitly want to join with them. They remind me so much of the people at Walnut Street. My father's birthday is July 30th and I plan to go to Henderson the day before so I can see him on his birthday. Doing that means more to me now than ever before. He is going to be 84 years old. The picture is of my parents and my oldest sister on the back porch of my parents house in Henderson. My dad built the porch and helped a whole lot when I built the house. He did most of the wiring and he and mother sheetrocked the upstairs by themselves, of course they were 10 years younger back then only 74.

Friday we will go to Henderson to check on our parents and to see my brother from California. We will also attend a birthday party while we are there on Saturday. We will be back in Hillsboro late Saturday night. Thanks for your prayers. God bless you.

No comments: