Monday, July 28, 2008

Joy


Joy can be found in some very simple things. The picture is of my grandson at camp last week. I bought three of my grandkids a coke each. My grandson found joy in shaking his up and sucking off the resultant foam. I was at the nursing home this morning helping in the services. As I stood in a long line of wheelchairs waiting for the elevator I began to sing "Come Thou Fount." I was joined by a man who use to be a minor league baseball player. We sang a joyful duet and it seemed to bring joy to those around us. Later I was visiting in the room of one of our church members and I reached and got a picture from off her night stand and showed it to her and imediately a smile of joy came on her face. Tomorrow I plan to go to my office and spend the day. It will be a joy to sit alone with the Lord and study His wonderful word. Everyday brings us closer to the coming of the Lord. I love to think of the joy it will be to meet the Lord in the air and to join all my friends and family in praising God before His throne.

My son-in-law was ordained this past Saturday. I had the privelege of asking the questions. It all went well and his uncle preached an outstanding message. We had good food and fellowship afterward. The picture is of my wife and mother-in-law congratulating him after the service. Well I have some more visiting to do today so will get going. God bless you.

No comments: