Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jeremy



I am sitting up with my dad at the hospital tonight. This is a picture taken with my cell phone of my parents in the hospital room. His nurse is named Jeremy. Jeremy is a young man of about 30 years old. He is very patient and has an excellent bedside manner. Dad really likes him. I find that a hospital stay is far better when you have good people waiting on you. Dad is running a low grade fever and I hope that it is not an indication of some problem. He did not walk today but did sit up on the side of his bed and eat just a little bit of soup and a couple of crackers. He is drinking more now and that is good. I expect he will be in the hospital for the weekend but it may be well into next week before he can go home. Janie took mother back to their home in Henderson for the night. Mother needs to get away and rest. Janie will bring her back in the morning. I will get some work done on my laptop and then will recline for a little bit of sleep. I had expected to get more work done today but things kept interrupting. To study properly I need time alone without distractions. I may just preach one of my old sermons for Sunday rather than the new one I have been trying to work up. "Where is the Lamb" will be a good sermon if I can get some time alone with it.
Janie and I took her parents out for a ride. We went to a cemetery where her great grandparents are buried. Moss had grown on the head stone and Janie is pictured here using my pocket knife to clean it off. You could not read the writting on the stone. We went out to eat with them afterwards and had a good time.
My new son-in-law is going to see about building my dad a wheel chair ramp at his house. I let dad have the say in where to put it and with Justin doing the work it will be a good one indeed. God bless you.

No comments: