Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday



This afternoon we had the services at one of the nursing homes here in town. I took this picture with my cell phone of Janie playinng the piano. The announced that we were having services but no one showed up so Janie and I sang a dozen songs or so until it was apparent that no one was coming. She said I could preach to her but I thought we should probably just go home. I enjoyed singing praises to God with her. I am wondering about camp next week. We have six going and I am the only male in the bunch. I am suppose to do a devotional with our group every day at camp so will work that up this week. I teach the Adult class week after next at Pine Springs. I have not worked those three lessons up yet but will do that this next week as well. I plan to set up a website for camp registration next year. I want to have that set up before I go to camp so that I can give them the website for next years registration. It will take a lot of work off of me if I am elected as registrar.

My dad is doing well at last report. He has a blood clot in his left arm. Due to this set back he will not go home on Monday so keep him in your prayers. I do not plan to return to Henderson until Friday night. I just have too much work to get done. Lets see:

mail out registration letters for camp,

call camp and report how many registered,

write 3 "from the pastor",

get three lessons ready for camp,

get three devotionals ready for camp,

get a sermon ready for camp,

get Sunday morning sermon ready,

Sunday night sermon ready,

Sunday School lesson ready,

next Sunday's sermon,

next Sunday's evening sermon,

next Sunday's Sunday School lesson,

visit the hospital each day this week,

Sermon for Monday morning nursing home service,

burn cd's of today's services,

make church's bank deposit,

check the mail,

Wash the car,

clean out the garage,

clean out the storage room.

The list goes on and on. At least my hands are not idle. God bless you.

No comments: