Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sympathy

The ability to share the feelings of another, especially in sorrow or trouble; compassion. This is my favorite definition of sympathy. We arrived home safely and it is so good to be home!! We checked the mail first thing and were amazed and humbled by the huge stack of sympathy cards we recieved. I opened and drank in each word slowly and deliberately. The one from the Faith M.B.C. of Hewitt was particularly overwhelming! It seemed to me that each of these really do share my feelings. Each one truly displays compassion and kindness toward Janie and me. I want to say thank you to each and every one for your prayers and support the Lord truly has been our strength through it all.

We helped my mother with her adjustment to widowhood and we helped Janie's parents with some of their affairs and got a lot done. It was time well spent and a work that needed to be done. Times like these bring siblings, scattered by life's journey, back together again. It was good to visit with my brothers and sisters. I wish we did not live so very far apart.

Tomorrow I will be preaching a sermon on the subject of procrastination. It is entitled "One More Night with the Frogs." It is a sermon title my father used back when I was a very young child and I have never forgotten it. I do this in his honor and because it is a much needed lesson for God's children today. Next week we will be at church camp. We will return to Hillsboro Monday night for a funeral Tuesday morning. We will return to camp in Laneville, Texas right after the funeral. Janie is washing clothes tonight and we will be packing tomorrow to leave for camp at 6:00 Monday morning. I am looking forward to camp and pray that many lost souls will be saved. Tuesday, week after next, I will pick my younger sister up at the airport and take her to my mother's house. She is going to spend a few days with her and that will be good for the both of them. I will return to Henderson Friday and take her back to the airport Saturday morning. The upper picture is of the table set up at the funeral with the guest book. The lower picture is of my brother and his wife from California at the lunch that was provided by Tyler Road M.B.C.. God bless you.

No comments: