Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Triple Doll

Sister Johnie and the triple doll
Tuesday was an outstanding day.  We had a good ladies Bible study in the morning.  We had two new comers to the study and I hope they will be able to continue.  The church services at Lorena were really good.  The lady who serves as the hostess of our Lorena meeting made my daughter, Sarah, a double doll.  It is actually a triple doll.  On one side it is Red Riding Hood and on the other it is Red's grandmother.  When you invert the grandmother's bonnet it reveals the wolf's face.  She made this from material she got from dresses which belonged to my mother and Janie's mother.  It is very special.  She also gave us a loaf of homemade bread and a jar of homemade jelly.  She showed us a chair that she restored and her workmanship is amazing.  This is one very talented lady. 
Teaching the grandkids Petanque
We went for a hair cut first thing this morning.  I ran some errands while Janie took a nap.  I had to go by the bank to take care of some business there.  Business supply was next to get some envelopes for mailing out some nearly 300 letters to the churches of the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas.  I hope to have those in the mail next week.  I also went by the church and by Wal-Mart.  I bought some seat cushions for the chairs which we will be using on Wednesday nights in my adult class.  The chairs are hard plastic and not comfortable to most.  The cushions should help.  I am excited about the new Wednesday night adult class format.  It is going to be a very relaxed atmosphere and I think a very effective Bible learning one.
Janie and I at the Airport in France on our way home
Janie and I went to visit one of the ladies of our church this afternoon.  We had a good long visit there and returned home in time to get ready for our evening services.   Our attendance was up tonight and I am hopeful that will continue to be the trend. 
Tomorrow we head back to Henderson to check on my mother and Janie's.  We are going to stop by Canton on the way and look around a bit at the trades day there.  God bless you.

No comments: