Monday, August 29, 2011

A Return to Normalcy

My Girls at the baby shower at TBI on Saturday
Warren Harding was a bit before my time but his political slogan "A return to normalcy" seems to best describe this day.  We had a good weekend with a baby shower at TBI on Saturday and I got to play with my US grandchildren.  I taught them the game of Petanque.  We all went to the baby shower Saturday afternoon and it was a good time.  Janie and I stopped in to visit with my mother before heading back to Hillsboro.  She is doing well and I appreciate my brothers so much for taking good care of her. 
Friday evening Janie and I went fishing
Our services on Sunday were really good and well attended.  We had another baby shower for Sarah and Justin at our church Sunday afternoon.  It also was a lot of fun and they got a lot of nice things.  They stayed for our evening services and spent the night at our house.  We really enjoyed their company.
Today Janie and I went to the nursing home for the services there and it was good to see all our friends again.  We met a young lady at the church this afternoon and had a real good visit with her.  She is wanting to join our church and wants to have a closer walk with God.  We gave her some counsel and look forward to helping her on her journey as she grows spiritually. 
Baby shower at WSBC Sunday afternoon
Tomorrow we have our ladies Bible study in the morning and services down at Lorena tomorrow night.  It sure is good to be back to our normal routine.  God bless you.

No comments: