Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday in France

Janie and Arianna trying to stay warm by the sea
We went to the beach on Saturday and the traffic was really heavy.  It normally takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach the Mediterranean Sea from Limoux but it took over 2 hours.  The beach was not crowded and it was not hot.   Janie sat on the beach with Arianna and they both had chill bumps.  Chill bumps are not possible back home for it has been over 100 degrees each day we have been gone from there.  I drove one of the cars back to Limoux and it took just over an hour.  Driving here in France is not bad at all for it is much like the States.
Playing in the Sand on the Mediterranean Sea
Today we got up and went to church in Carcassonne.  Jason brought the morning Bible reading and children's devotional.  He also led the singing.  I preached the sermon and the pastor translated my words into French.  The church house was full with over 40 people in attendance.  I preached from Zephaniah chapter 3 verses 1-2 on the subject of "The Journey from Wonderful to Woe."  I really enjoyed preaching! Afterward they set up tables for a covered dish meal.  There were at least 2 families in attendance who were from England.  They were on vacation staying in the area.  One family stayed for lunch and they have 2 children a boy 11 and a girl about 13 years old.  Their names were Joel and Lois.  I loved visiting with them as we ate together at the same table.  They laughed and laughed as they tried to explain to me the game of Cricket.  It was a lot of fun!!!!  They gave me a riddle and I could not get it.  They said I would feel foolish when I found out the answer and sure enough I did.  It is a play on words so telling the riddle here would give it away.  Their parents were real sweet people.  Jason, Lilia, Micah and I remained after the meal to help set up the building for a 3 week long Bible exposition.  We also helped the pastor load a small refrigerator into his car and then followed him home to help unload it.
That is me preaching this morning with Bro. Tony translating
Before supper we watched the church services of Walnut Street Baptist Church.  We sang along and enjoyed Bro. Slocomb's sermon.  I missed being there.  Jason fried some chicken strips for supper.  The meal at the church and the supper tonight were both outstanding.  We sure are eating good!
Well it is off to bed and an early start in the morning.  We are going to try to leave by 7:00 in the morning for the 12 hour drive to Normandy.  It is the trip of a lifetime.  I have longed to see the D-day invasion sites and the American Cemetery there.  We will spend 2 days and 2 nights there before heading back to Limoux.  I plan to take my laptop along so I can blog. God bless you.

No comments: