Monday, August 22, 2011

Donald Duck Ring

My Mother on the left and her siblings, back in April 2011
Our services Sunday were good and I sure was glad to be back.  We had a good business meeting Sunday night.  Sunday afternoon Janie and I drove to Palestine for our daughter's baby shower.  We could not stay long since it took almost 2 hours to get there.  We made it back in time for our evening services.  Sunday night after church we packed our bags and headed for Henderson.  We got to bed about 1:00 Monday morning.  I had to get up and meet my brother and mother at the bank at 8:30.  We took care of the banking business and then I spent the day with my mother.  It was good to see her again after not having seen her for the past 2 months.  She is doing well.  When the visiting nurse came by she was very happy to see mother smiling.  All of mother's vital signs were good and she is still maintaining her weight at 110 pounds.  Ralph had fixed her biscuits for breakfast and I took her out to eat for lunch.  She is still not drinking enough water and I don't know what to do about that.  She says drinking water makes her have to go to the bathroom to much.  She did not eat much and she drank even less.  After lunch I took her to my mother-in-law's house to visit with her and Janie.  We stayed for an hour or so and then I took her to see dad's grave.  On the way back home she began to cry a little.  I engaged here in conversation recalling events from my childhood.  I asked her if she remembered giving me a Donald Duck ring?  She did not.  I told her the story and that seemed to perk her up a bit.
Mother seems very accepting of the possibility of her going to a nursing home.  It seemed to be a great relief to her when I told her that if that should happen I wanted her things to remain her things and for them to stay in her little house as long as she lives.
Tomorrow Janie and I plan to visit the number one choice of a nursing home for mother to ask questions.  We then plan to visit with mother and take her out to eat for lunch.  God bless you. 

No comments: