Sunday, August 14, 2011

Second Sunday in France

The Wells family, Janie and me at the church in Carcassonne
We heard an outstanding sermon this morning at the church in Carcassonne, France.   Jason translated it for us.  I knew 2 of the songs that they sang and I sang in English as the rest of the congregation sang in French.  We got to see the Wells family again.  They are from Wales and are spending their "Holiday" in southern France.  I just loved talking with their 2 children.  They told me about "meat pies" and "Cornish Pasties."  I had a blast talking with them. They were so BRITISH it was delightful.   I invited them to come and visit with us in Texas and I hope they will one day.
Our view of the services at Walnut Street
We stopped and picked up some pizza on the way home after the services.  Janie and I were tired so we took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.  We got up in time to watch the services at Walnut Street via Skype.  It made me miss home.  I thought of one of the boys at church camp who was very home sick.  I enjoy being here with Jason, Angie, and the kids and we are having a great time but a part of me longs for home.  God bless you.

No comments: