Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pay at the pump, a tool of the devil?


As children of God we are here on earth to serve the Lord. Our every waking hour should be about doing those things which please God. It is 2:41 AM and the Lord has taken sleep from mine eyes. Between this cold and the mexican food I had for supper I could not sleep. It occured to me while I sought in vain to sleep that pay at the pump may be a tool of the devil. My reason for living is to do the will of God and to bring Him glory. I do this by doing those things which help me to grow in my faith and by helping others to grow in their faith. I put it this way; When I run to the store to buy bread and milk that is never my primary reason for going to the store. My primary reason to go to the store is to help someone to become, or be better at being, a disciple of Jesus Christ. In John Chapter 4 Jesus did not send His disciples into Sychar to buy bread but to reap a harvest. When we pay at the pump or use the self check out lane we miss a chance to build a relationship with another human being. We do not go to the post office just to buy stamps and mail letters we go to build a relationship with the postal worker, to brighten his/her day and to lead him/her to a closer walk with Christ. Jesus did not go to Jacob's well for a drink of water He went to help a lost person get saved. He had meat to eat that the disciples knew nothing about. My pray for you dear reader is that you will open your eyes and live each day reaching out to others. Jesus has sent us as sheep among wolves. Be wise a serpent and harmless as a dove. With the love and compassion of Christ reach out and touch someone today and everyday. God bless you.

No comments: