Saturday, March 29, 2008

A day at a time


My wife and I have been with her parents for the last 2 days giving them a helping hand. I believe it is the duty of children to honor their parents and they should do so out of a pure motive of love. Tough decisions lie ahead for us and them. A member of our church gave me some excellent advice concerning the days ahead and the decisions facing us when he said "You just have to take it a day at a time." He has no idea how much that helped me. Just that simple advice. I am doomed to be a planner. I want to know how everything is going to play out and have a plan for every contingency. I want to force things to fit my plans. The Lord knows the future and I need to trust in Him to take care of the things tomorrow brings. I need to cross the bridges as they come and let the Holy Spirit guide me through. The picture is one of my wife and her dad taken a few years ago.

Hiking is the perfect recreation for me. It requires much planning and I love to plan. I plan for every contingency and play out in my mind the entire hike. I looked the whole trail over from Google Earth's view. Walked in my mind and checked and re-check the supplies I will need. Thus hiking is perfect for such a person as I. In 2 more weeks, Lord willing, I will be on the trail with my brother executing the plan. God bless you.

No comments: