Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cain


It was a terrible thing for Cain to slay his brother Abel. I was reading this story in the Bible this afternoon and an even more terrible thing was done by Cain. When God asked Cain of the whereabouts of his brother Cain responded rather sarcastically "...am I my brother's keeper." His tone was one of hatred and contemptment. I was taught as a child that you should not talk back to your parents. You were not to be sarcastic with them. You always adressed them with respect. The same is true of God. We should never say such things as Cain said unto God. God is our maker, protecter, redeemer, savior, and Lord. We should have the greatest of fear for God. I plan to share the story of Cain with the young people tonight and I pray it will bless them.

Only about 17 more days to the hike and I am trying to shake a cold. Hopefully it will be gone by then. I will not allow it to slow me down I plan to continue to walk 5 miles a day and maybe 15 miles on Friday if I feel up to it. The picture is taken through the window at the foot of the tent. I beleive this tent is going to be a real good one. God bless you.

No comments: