Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another long day

It has been a long day for a Sunday. I got up at 5:30 am and got ready for church. Went to church and worked on setting up the computer to let the people in France watch our services live. I reviewed my sermon and SS lesson and then returned to the house. I could not get a nap this afternoon for we had the nursing home services this afternoon. The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for the Lord's Supper. After church we had a very long deacon's meeting that was, well, interesting. I wrote the longest letter I have ever written to my son to let him know how things were going at the church but he reads really fast and it will not take long for him to get through it. I am very tired and am not thinking clearly. Our Lord frequently had long days and often grew tired. I wish I had his patients even when deprived of sleep. Looking forward to a great day of service for the Master tomorrow. If all goes well I will get much study done and some visitation as well. The only way to get the work done is to start early and stay late. God bless you.

No comments: