Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jan 26, 2008 PM

Went to the district ladies auxiliary meeting today and had a great time. It was about 80 miles away and we made the trip twice due to the fact I lost my cell phone in the parking lot and had to go back for it. I enjoyed my daughters blog, www.asmile4ever.blogspot.com , Looks like they are trying to make some progress on their house building project. They are building on a site where I had started a house back in the early 80's. I trust they will have better success than I did. I got laid off from my job just 2 months after I started the house and took that as a sign that the Lord was not in it. Back to the Ladies Aux. meeting, the skit was really good. 2 kids did a skit on joy and happiness that was superb. I ran over my phone when I backed out of the parking lot and yet it still works. The outside display does not look so good but the everything else is functional. I am glad my car is small and light.
I have in mind to finish my tent this week and get it set up in the backyard for pictures. The next thing will be food. Get the meals planned and bought and try them out here so there will be no surprises on the trail. I have few other items to buy before April but I have plenty of time and they are not expensive. I am going to walk my three miles now and then relax a little before bed. The sermon Sunday is from John 15:1-7 "Dealing with the Hatred of the World". We will be baptizing a couple Sunday night so will preach on discipleship in the evening services. Janie is in there playing the piano getting ready for Sunday it sounds real good. Makes we want to go in there and sing. God bless you.

No comments: