Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jan 24, 2008 PM

Just finished off a home made banana split at my inlaws. It sure was good. Just about finished my sermon for Sunday this morning. Should have it finished tomorrow some time. Went to the doctor's with Janie and my mother-in-law and everything went fine there. Went by and visited with my parents a little while and it was good to see them. They are doing well and God is blessing them. Mother and Dad both were crocheting. They had a fire going and were warm and cozy. Janie brought three of our grandchildren over and they enjoyed them. Janie walked back to my daughters house and I drove the car with the 2 oldest grandkids with me. They tried to wear out the sun roof window but it survived. Went to Walmart and picked up a few hiking items. I got a fleece jacket and some mylar blankets. I was going to see if I could make a sleeping bag that was lighter than my down bag but the difference in weight was not worth it. It would only save me 6 oz and I think the down bag is worth that much.
It is sleeting here right now and is suppose to be 28 tonight with a high of 38 tomorrow. I am looking forward to tomorrow I get to spend some quality time with my father-in-law while he sees the doctor and gets his treatment. Janie and I will also get to visit with our youngest daughter and her boy friend. Looking forward to that visit. We will be getting back home late Friday night and have to rise early to head for the district ladies aux. meeting. I have read the Bible today, Sung praises to God, encouraged others, and studied God's Holy word. I have not walked my three miles but maybe tomorrow. God bless you.

1 comment:

Bro. Matt said...

I think I'll walk three miles TOMORROW too! HAHAHAHA

At least you can!