Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking, Wading, Waving, Winning

Wading with the grandkids
Peter started out walking on the water.  Peter became distracted and began to wade in the water.  Peter became worried and began to ride the waves sinking deeper and deeper.  Peter cried out "Lord save me!"  Jesus reached out and grabbed Peter and defeated doubts battle with Peter.  My day is often such a journey.  At times I start out in faith walking with full confidence in God.  Doubt comes my way and a battle in my mind ensues.  I weaken and begin to wade instead of walk. Doubt intensifies its attack and my mind forgets from where its strength and help comes. I then begin to tread water my faith is in peril.  Then I cry unto the LORD!!!!  He grabs me every time.  I look into His face and say, "I know, I know...Why did I doubt?" I wish everyone would know the LORD.  Once you know Him you will wonder why you ever tried to live without Him.  He is the best.
We had a good Bible study this morning and are looking forward to good services tonight down in Lorena.  I took a nap this afternoon and will work well into the night.  It is a day filled with walking not waving.  God bless you.

No comments: