Friday, June 3, 2011

Hot Walk

My mother sewing
Two of the officers of Texas Camp #4, Pine Springs Baptist Camp, met for lunch today.  The senior of the two was the registrar and the younger was the assistant director.  They had a good meeting talking about camp and catching up on things.  The camp registrar went to his mother's house after lunch and enjoyed a good visit with her while the assistant director went back to his job.  Mother was sewing when I arrived, making new curtains for her kitchen.  It was hot at her house, 101 degrees in the shade.  Her one window unit A/C was having trouble keeping up.  While we were visiting my older brother's two grandchildren came by for a visit.  They were cute and sweet and I enjoyed talking with them as did mother.  They did not stay long leaving when I left.
Janie coming down a steep hill on our walk
I waved to my lovely wife and my sweet mother-in-law who were sitting in a van eating lunch by the side of the road.  I was on my way to the hardware store to get what I needed to move a light switch for my mother-in-law.  I met them back at the house and got that switch moved posthaste.  Janie and I took a three mile walk enjoying each others company.  It was fun but hot.  I drank up all the water I had brought along and she drank most of hers.  It has been a good day.  We will head back to Hillsboro in the morning.  God bless you.
 

No comments: