Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Practical


I was accused of being practical. It is wise to be practical yet according to Ecclesiastes 3:1 there is a time for everything. I will not always do that which is practical but will strive to use wisdom when deciding a course that is not. Hiking is an exercise in practicallity. I have pictured here my treking pole with a pouch attached to it. This pouch will hold a bottle of water. I have one on each of my poles this one for water and the other one for snacks. This will allow me to snack and drink without having to remove my back pack every time. This is practical. Some would argue that hiking for fun is not practical. A tread mill in the safety and comfort of your own home would be a more practical form of exercise. Hiking in my case is about fellowship and communion with God. I hike to draw closer to the Lord. Hiking gives me time away from the things of this world and time to pray and meditate on the things of God. I would encourage everyone to do that which draws them to a greater faith in God and a realization of how much we need God each day. God bless you.

No comments: