Friday, April 25, 2008

TGIF

We should not only thank God that it is Friday but we should be thankful every day for each day is a day that the Lord hath made and we should rejoice and be glad in it. I went for a walk this afternoon with my wife and enjoyed it. We spent the morning taking care of wedding business and taking my mother-in-law to the beauty shop. They will have a shower for my daughter tomorrow morning and while that is going on I will go for a long walk and meditate on the the sermon for Sunday. This means I will be preaching it aloud as I walk. It is a very long sermon and I may split it into 2 if it goes long.
The picture above was taken about 10:30 am at a picnic area along the trail. We stopped for a snack and to fill up with water. We had our Sunday morning service here. I preached and we were unknowingly joined by a hiker we had met and passed earlier that morning. We had a good Bible study and then walked to the water fountain just up the hill to fill our canteens. The cracker I am holding is one of a batch of "fire crackers" that one of my church members made for me to take on the hike. My brother just loved them and helped me consume everyone. On our way to the water fountain by brother walked right by this snake and did not see it. I walked past and turned around to take its picture. It was not a poisonous variety. It ignored us and we ignored it. It was only about 30 inches long. We were going to filter the water here but we found 2 unopened gallon jugs of water by the faucet so we filled our canteens from these and then headed off down the trail. God bless you.

No comments: