Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm back




Well I am back now from California and it is good to be back. I had a great time and enjoyed the 2 days we were on the trail. We walked a total of 36 miles in 2 days. It was of God that we quit the trail for I got to spend time with my niece and her husband and gave them some counsel and as a result they are going to move to Texas to attend Seminary. Keep them in your prayers for this is indeed a big step in their lives. I got to preach Wednesday night in California and again this morning at County Line Missionary Baptist Church and again this evening at Landmark M.B.C. in Mount Enterprise. I enjoy preaching and never turn down an opportunity.


The picture above is of the bronze statue of John Wayne at the John Wayne airport in Orange county California. I arrived on time and so did my back pack. I waited on the curb for my brother to arrive to pick me up. We drove south about 2 hours and stopped to get a hamburger on our way to the trail. We arrived at the trail with a few hours of sunlight left so we loaded our packs and posed for this picture before taking off. I will tell more of the story of our hike in posts to come. God bless you.

No comments: