Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well Well Well

It feels good to feel good. My fever broke last night and this morning I am feeling so much better. I am going to eat a good breakfast and then head out to get caught up on my work. Janie and I will be attending a banquet tonight at the nursing home. It is for all those who volunteer to help with the activities such as church services.

Our youth/music director will be gone Sunday and I pray that the Lord's will may be done in his life. He has been a huge blessing to me personally and I admire him very much. I would love for the Lord to lead him to stay with us and am praying to that end.


Hiking: The Picture is of the place where we got water the second morning on the trail. We had run out of water and this was a sight for sore eyes. We had to filter the water because it its not drinkable as is. It comes from a tank just up the hill that the fire department fills with lake water for fighting brush fires. We drank a couple of liters here and filled up all of our canteens. This day would end up being our last on the trail. We met a young couple here who were having to leave the trail due to one of them having an eye infection. The other picture is of my brother sitting in the shade right behind the water box. He was feeling good at this point but in just a few hours from when this picture was taken he got a little nausiated. I gave him some Gateraide and he felt some better. It was very hot this day, I would say about 90 degrees. One of the things I like about hiking is the conversation. Steve and I talked about Bible stories and doctrines and various subjects related to church and worship. It was just a great time to enjoy nature and the great outdoors and to admire God's creation. God bless you.

No comments: