Thursday, April 24, 2008

Running the roads


Today is another driving day for me. I took my dad to the doctor's office this morning and Janie is gone this morning to take both of her parents to the dentist. We will leave shortly to drive 3 hours to Waco on wedding business and then 3 hours back to Henderson. Then Saturday we head home to Hillsboro and we will be glad to back. This vacation has not turned out at all like I expected but the Lord's will was done and we are here to serve Him.


This picture was taken on our first full day of hiking we did about 22 miles this day and ran out of water. Three of the water sources that were considered reliable were not. We were not in danger for we did find water early the next morning. This was a great day for hiking and we had a really good time. I will post more pictures taken on this day in the next post. I highly recommend hiking as a good past time. It is excellent exercise and you see some really beautiful sights. God bless you.

No comments: