Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Traveling home



We will be attending a funeral this afternoon of my brother-in-law's sister. She was killed in a car wreck this past week. She has traveled home for she truly was a stranger and a pilgram here on earth. I traveled to Tyler this morning to bring my in-laws home from the hospital. They seemed glad to get back home. I will travel to town to get their car inspected for them and will travel over to my father's house to help him this evening with his lawn mower. I am looking forward to traveling back to Hillsboro and getting back into the swing of things there. I am glad to have my vacation come to an end for I am anxious to get back to my studies and my church family.

The picture is of my brother at our first camp sight. He is checking in by cell phone with his family. It was dark by the time we found a good camp site and we set up the tent by flashlight. I slept fairly well for the first night. I got about 4 hours of sleep and Steve got some less than that. It was barely daylight when we woke up and broke camp. There was some kind of bird with a very loud voice singing to us that morning. The temperature that night was 50 degrees which was just perfect. This section of the trail was shaded with lots of trees but in just a mile or two the trees were gone and the sun found us without any difficulty and beamed down on us the rest of the day. God bless you.

No comments: