Thursday, February 21, 2008

My day off

The Lord, after creating the heavens and the earth and everything contained therein, took a day off. I try to be obedient to this example and command but am not always successful. Today I met with four other pastors in town and enjoyed the fellowship. We exchanged horror stories and funny experiences. I enjoyed discussing the Scriptures with them and look forward to our next meeting. The family and friends of our departed Sister in Christ will gather in a few moments to encourage one another. The longer I pastor here the harder the funerals become. I have gotten to know them and their families, their likes, their dreams, their hopes. I have fallen in love with the members of my congregation and when they pass on I miss them. I find myself often thinking about them and longing to see them again. I have come to the end of my day off and look back to find that I have been doing the work which God has called me to do. Is it ok that I still see it as a day off, will God count it as such? God bless you.

No comments: