Monday, February 18, 2008

Baptism

A young lady, saved recently, joined our church yesterday and will be baptized next Sunday. This will be the third person we have baptized this year. It is so wonderful to see the Lord working. Baptizing believers who want to be disciples of Jesus Christ is one of the commands of Christ that we love to keep. We need to be on our guard and be vigilant to follow up with another of our Lord's commands and that is to teach them to observe all things He has commanded. This take sacrifice on our part. It takes a sacrifice of our time to stay in contact with them and to spend time with them so that they might be encouraged for the Devil will do his all to keep them from following Christ. The picture is of me baptizing my daughter-in-law when I pastored at Gum Springs Missionary Baptist Church.

I placed a survey on this blog and will try to keep this up. If you have not voted please do. This particular question is one I love to ask. "Are you a gapper?" This argument has been around for years and I believe that two of my fellow pastors have about gotten it worked out. We shall see. I am off to the nursing home for a visit there and then will go by and get my wife to visit a few others in their homes. I expect this to be a very productive week so I better get to work. God bless you.

No comments: