Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Food


Food is a high priority for me. I have known hunger and did not like it. That is why I like to read the Bible every day. I do not want to be hungry. When you are hungry, you are weak. When you are hungry you lack the energy and drive to serve. You cannot fight battles as well when you are hungry. When you have eaten you are ready to go to work. That is why I feast every day on God's holy word. Milk is good, milk is easy but if that is all you have to eat you will be malnurished. It takes a little more work to eat meat. You have to cook it and you have to chew it. You have to have taken care of your teeth so you can chew it. It takes longer to eat meat than to drink milk but the time is well worth the effort.

I planned the meals and snacks that I will eat while hiking in April. Right now I have planned about 1500 calaries a day. I suspect I will add to this another 500 calaries before I go. I try to have a little bit of every thing so it is balanced but some things do not lend themselves to hiking. I will finalize my food plans right before I leave and hope my plans are good. Pictured is a sack of trail mix which is of my own making, cashews, M&M's, raisins, and dried pineapple. This is about 500 calaries a cup, good energy food. God bless you.

1 comment:

abainfrance said...

Hey Dad, Where is the first anniversary picture taken?