Monday, February 11, 2008

13 chapters and 4 miles


I read 13 chapters in 2 Chronicles and walked my 4 miles. After taking 4 days off from walking that 4 miles was a bit rough. Hopefully nothing will keep me from my walks each day this week. Janie has gone to Curves and that is a good thing for her. Exercise is great and should be practiced by all. I plan to rest this evening and spend some time on the tent. Going to straiten up the guest room so I can mess it up with my hiking gear. Have started spreading my gear out to take inventory. It is only 2 months to the hike and there is much to do. The coordinates of the major points on the trail will need to be put into the GPS. The food needs to be bought and repackaged. Trail mix must be made and divided into daily servings. Main meals need to be determined and made ready. Clothing choices are fairly simple for I will dress in layers and at any one time I might be wearing virtually every article of clothing I brought at the same time. I need to choose what socks I am going to wear and that is about all that is left. The picture is of my gear last year. Have learned a lot and my gear this year will be much lighter! God bless you.


No comments: