Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years Eve

As I am writing this it is just a little over 3 hours to the New Year.  I like the way the Bible measures the start and finish of a day.  The new day should start at sunset.  That being the case we are now about 3 hours into the New Year. 
Janie and I went to Canton's First Monday Trades Day today.  We bought a mirrored shelf thing for the wall in the breakfast nook.  We hung it on the wall when we got home. 
This house use to be Trenton's and was featured in my Tribman blog
2011 was a good year all in all though it saw the death of Janie's father and of her Uncle Trenton and also my mother having to go to the nursing home.  We spent 2 weeks in France and enjoyed almost every minute of it (My 2nd hour on the ground in France found me losing my lunch).  We toured Normandy France and the military cemetery there, which I will never forget. 2011 saw the birth of our 11th grandchild, Naomi, who is now able to turn over from her back to her stomach at will. 
I had planned to preach from the Song of Songs in the morning services but have changed my mind.  I will preach a New Years sermon instead and will save the Song of Songs message for next Sunday.  Sunday night I want to do something special for the evening services.  Have a Happy New Year and God bless you.

No comments: