Monday, December 5, 2011

On the Mend

My mother last Friday making a quilt for her bed
My voice is on the mend.  I was able to preach both sermons Sunday and teach the Sunday school lesson without any problems.  The weather has turned to cold and wet and so inside feels reel good.  I cooked some spare ribs yesterday and we have  enjoyed them today.  I want to make some more homemade soup and can it like we did a while back.  We have not put up our Christmas tree yet due to a busy schedule.  I am going to work on finishing up my MBA of Texas clerk work tonight and get that out of the way.  I finished the bulletin for Sunday and went over to a friends house to help them with a computer problem.  It was an easy fix and I was not there long.  The lesson is ready for tomorrow's ladies Bible study and after my clerk work I will tackle the Wednesday night lesson.  We plan to be back in Henderson on Friday where I hope to go hiking with my brothers.  Whether or not they can join me I plan to hike anyway about 10 miles.  I need the exercise.
Out for a walk on Thanksgiving Day
I got a phone call Sunday afternoon from Gallup the pollster company.  They asked some funny questions.  From 1 to 10 how do you rate the quality of your life as of today with 10 being perfect and 1 being the worst.  I answered 6.  They then asked me what I expected my quality of life to be like 5 years from now.  I answered 7.  Even though I get older and have more aches and pains I am going to fight to climb that latter not go down.   It is easy to go down it takes effort to rise.  I want to be healthy and strong so I can continue to preach how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures and that He was buried and rose again the third day according to the scriptures.  This message is the power of God unto Salvation.  Those who will repent of their sins and go to Jesus Christ believing in Him and seeking His mercy and forgiveness He will save.  God bless you.

No comments: