Saturday, May 14, 2011

Plighting Troth

My Brother and Sister-in-law before the wedding began.
The wedding went very well.  Everyone remembered and executed their part flawlessly.  The reception afterward was good and the picture taking did not last long.  Janie and I had a real good time.  There is only one place in the Bible where wedding vows are stated (Hosea 3:3).  If all vows were as short, weddings would not be very long.  I like the groom very much.  He seems very loving and caring especially toward children.
Back in April 1973 I flew from Boston to San Diego to attend my brother's wedding.  Little did I know that by the end of that year I would also be married.
Posing
Tomorrow will be a very busy day.  I will be up about 6:00 AM and finish up about 9:00 PM.  I will preach a funeral service tomorrow afternoon.  That will be my 8th funeral this year.  I would much rather have baptized 8 than to have buried 8. Our oldest daughter had a fender bender today.  No one hurt and I am glad of that.  My sermon in the morning will be taken from the book of Jonah.  I am looking forward to that short series.  God bless you.

No comments: