Sunday, May 8, 2011

Death

Me and Tommie Wooldridge
I went to the nursing home this afternoon to sit with a good friend and faithful fellow church member.  She died 30 minutes after I arrived.  The funeral will most likely be Tuesday.  I won't know until in the morning the exact details.  I have been pastor at WSBC for 8 and 1/2 years now and at first the deaths of church members was not so deeply felt but the longer I pastor here the more my emotions are stirred.  If my memory serves me well this will be the 30th Walnut Street church member I have buried since coming to Hillsboro.  It is hard to imagine that we have lost that many to death in such a short time. 
Our services today were good and well attended.  We had some visitors and our attendance at the evening services was very good.  We recognized the mothers in our congregation and gave them a small gift consisting of a bookmark and a pen.  Our sound man was out of town and the substitute was unable to connect to the internet so Jason and Angie were not able to see our services.  Janie spoke with all three of our children today receiving warm mother's day greetings.  I sort of took Janie out to eat.  She wanted something we could take home and eat not having to fight the crowds.
This week is going to be another busy one.  I have a meeting at 8:30 Monday morning then I preach at the nursing home at 10:00.  I have the funeral most likely on Tuesday which may knock out the Ladies Bible Study.  We plan to have services in Lorena Tuesday night.  Wednesday will be a normal day.  We have a dentist appointment on Thursday in Center, Texas and plan to take our daughter, Sarah and her husband out to eat Thursday night in Palestine.  Friday afternoon is the wedding rehearsal and Saturday the wedding in Henderson.  Well I will need my rest so I better get to bed. God bless you.  

No comments: