Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cabelas

Sarah, Justin and me at Cabelas
Sarah and Justin spent the night with us last night and this morning Justin drove us up to Cabelas north of Fort Worth.  We had a really good time.  We ate breakfast at McDonald's and Lunch at Cabelas.  It was fun to watch the fish being fed and to walk around looking at all the gear.  We returned home having bought nothing except lunch there.  After supper here at the house they headed home and we went to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart.  Janie exercised while I watched then I exercised for about 2 minutes on the same device.  I had to repair her exercise device after I broke it twice.  My repair made it better than new.
The road in front of where my mother was raised
I got 100 feet of para cord the other day and this evening I braided it so that now it is just 20 feet long.  20 feet braided does not tangle near as bad as 100 feet unbraided.  Using this method and knowing braiding will reduce the length by a factor of 4 allows one to make useful lengths up and have them available in a backpack.  If you need 20 feet of cord choose the braid that is 5 feet long.  If you need just 10 feet of cord choose from your pack the braid that is 2 1/2 feet long.  I think I will place 3 lengths of braided cord in my pack a 10, 5, and 2 that should suffice.
Church tomorrow and that is my favorite day of the week.  It is Memorial Day weekend and I hope we will have a big crowd at church.  God bless you.

No comments: