Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hannah Saved

Hannah on our recent hike at Martin Creek Lake State Park
Things went well today.  I just got off the phone with our daughter who told us some real good news.  It seems our granddaughter, Hannah, was saved today.  That makes 5 out of 11 grandkids saved so far.  It is a blessing to know that our grandchildren are being raised to know the Lord our God. 
The new modem/MIFI devise worked very well at church today allowing Jason and his family to see our services over Skype.  I gave the WEP/WPA key to the sound man so he could hook up to it with his Iphone.  It was not long ago that I had no idea what a WEP/WPA key was and now I speak of it so matter of factly.  It is a high tech world in which we live. 
I have a million things to get done this week.  There is pastor's fellowship in the Dallas area in the morning but I will not be going to it.  I feel my time is better spent with my usual Monday morning visitation to the nursing home.  I have to mail off the camp registration forms to the churches that attended last year.  I was suppose to have that done last week but just could not get to it.  I need to finalize my taxes and get them in the mail this week.  My car needs to be inspected tomorrow since it expired last Thursday.
My mother's expanded Rose Garden
I must get started on revival sermons for the revival services I will be preaching at Longview Drive Missionary Baptist Church in Henderson.  I have been given a theme and that actually helps me with choosing five texts from which to preach.  I will no doubt share these sermons with my church during the month of May.  The revival begins May 1st and goes through the 4th.  I plan to make some phone calls tomorrow to line someone out to preach in my place that Sunday morning.
These are but a few of the things I have to do this coming week. I have a meeting with the other pastors here in Hillsboro on Tuesday at noon.  I am suppose to present a mission statement.  It is a statement as to why we meet and what is our purpose for meeting.  I have composed this and will present it though I am sure it will be substantially changed.  We hope to have services at Lorena Tuesday night we miss our friends there since it has been over two weeks since we saw them last.  
We will be having a work day at our church on Saturday.  Blogging may be much limited this week.  God bless you.

No comments: