Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunset

Sunset means the day is nearly over.  I saw a beautiful one.  Its light and beauty came through a bug splattered cracked windshield and passed on through less than perfect glasses arrived in my eye causing me to praise the Lord. 

We had a good time at the Syrup festival though it was a bit on the cool side, 50 degrees and windy.  We heard Connie and Tom, my sister-in-law and her husband, singing on the stage. They did a fine job. This second picture is of me with my daughter and son-in-law listening to the concert.  We walked and shopped and saw a real good play at the civic theater.  Our last stop was the booth where they sell the syrup where we bought our annual supply of pure Ribbon Cane syrup.  

A missionary baptist church in Henderson was selling turkey legs and I bought one along with some fried pickles.  They both were really good.  As it was when I was a child at Thanksgiving, so it was today, I could not eat the whole thing.

Well its off to bed, tomorrow is the Lord's day and I am so looking forward to it.  God bless you.

No comments: